Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Organizing Kids Rooms

My kids tell me they don't know "how" to clean their rooms because they don't know where things go. Which is absurd since I have set up their rooms so that everything has a place and at their eye level.   I decided to go a step further and eliminate any excuses rather than continue with the ridiculous conversations that go something like this:
Me:  You know where it goes because you got it from there!  Kid:  I don't remember where I got it from! It's too hard! etc. etc.

First I changed my request (screaming) from "go clean-up/pick-up your room!" to "You're really good at organizing - go organize your room so you can play with your toys!"  and other phrases like this. 

Next, I took pictures of the contents of each container, bin,  drawer, etc. that holds toys and other items.  I resized each photo so they were all the same size, printed them out on paper, and cut each one out.  I used 3M photo laminating paper to make a label from each photo.

Finally, I taped the labels to each container. My daughter actually wanted to help make the labels and tape them on the containers when she saw what I was doing. Teach them young I say!

So, we'll see how it goes . . .


take photos and cut out 


Lego bin label

Play-doh  bin label





Bins with photo labels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share some love and leave a comment